Go-Chu-Jang Almond Butter Cookies
6 tbsp unsalted butter
⅓ cup raw creamy almond butter, stirred
¼ cup bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
1⅓ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Sparkling sugar, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then for additional 10-second increments until completely melted. While butter is still hot, slowly drizzle in almond butter and bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce while whisking. Whisk together vigorously until completely homogenous.
- Add brown sugar and egg to the mixing bowl and whisk mixture together until completely homogenous.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients gradually to wet ingredients, mixing together with a spoon or spatula until thoroughly combined and a firm dough is formed.
- Roll dough into 1½-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill cookie dough balls in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a fork to press a crosshatch pattern into the dough balls and slightly flatten them. Sprinkle sparkling sugar on top of each, if desired.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 3 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.