Go-Chu-Jang Breakfast Skillet
½ cup bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
½ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
14 oz extra firm tofu
3 tbsp neutral cooking oil, divided
1½ cup carrots, shredded
2½ cup green cabbage, shredded
⅔ cup kimchi
2 bunches baby bok choy, roughly chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Scallions, for garnish (optional)
- Open the package of tofu and drain the water. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and place tofu on paper towel. Cover with additional paper towels and weigh down with a cutting board or heavy pot to press the tofu. Let the tofu sit for approximately 15 minutes to remove excess water.
- Whisk together the go-chu-jang sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside ½ cup of the sauce.
- In a shallow dish, toss pressed tofu with the remaining sauce. Let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of the cooking oil. Remove the tofu from marinade, letting the excess drain off, and place in skillet. Cook on each side until golden brown, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Remove the tofu from heat, toss with ¼ cup of the reserved sauce, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage and carrot. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and cook for another minute. Stir in the kimchi and tofu.
- Using the back of a large spoon, create 4 nests in the skillet. Crack an egg into each nest. Cover the skillet with a lid or a piece of foil and let cook for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites are set.
- To serve, top the skillet with the remaining go-chu-jang sauce. Garnish with cilantro and scallions as desired.