Go-Chu-Jang Chicken Bibimbap with Purple Rice
1 scant cup jasmine rice
2 tbsp forbidden/black rice
* Can be substituted with 2 pack bibigo™ Cooked Sticky White Rice
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp soy sauce
¼ cup and 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
3 tbsp bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, plus extra for serving
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soju or mirin
¼ cup prepared kimchi
3 scallions*, thinly sliced
1 sheet seaweed paper, cut into thin strips
1 watermelon radish*, thinly sliced
2 easter egg radishes*, thinly sliced
1 cup snap peas*, trimmed
½ cup microgreens or sprouts*
* Can be substituted and topped with any vegetables
- To prepare the purple rice, combine both types of rice in the pot of a rice cooker. Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water and drain completely. Add 1½ cups water to the pot. Set the rice to cook in the rice cooker. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Toss to combine. Leave in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce for the chicken, combine bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, sugar, soju, and 2 tbsp of water. Whisk together until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add snap peas, and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and plunge snap peas in ice cold water to stop the cooking. Slice snap peas in half on a bias. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok on medium heat and add ¼ cup vegetable oil. Add chicken in a single layer. Avoid crowding and be careful, as oil may splatter. Shallow fry for 1-1½ minutes on each side until chicken is golden brown and fully cooked, then remove and set aside. Continue to shallow fry all the chicken in batches.
- Reduce heat to low, drain oil from the wok, and carefully pour in the sauce mixture. Once sauce becomes bubbly, add the chicken back in and toss to coat. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- In a skillet, heat up the remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Fry eggs as desired.
- To serve, divide cooked rice and prepared ingredients into two bowls. Top each bowl with 1 egg. Serve with extra bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce on the side.