Go-Chu-Jang Chicken Noodle Salad
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
⅓ - ½ cup bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, more for serving
1 tbsp vegetable oil
14 oz dried rice noodles (not vermicelli)
Fresh lime juice, from 1 large lime
2 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, plus more for noodles
Unseasoned rice vinegar, optional
Julienned crunchy vegetables, such as carrots, radishes, cucumbers, daikon
Fresh tender herbs, such as scallions, cilantro, mint, basil
Crunchy toppings, such as store-bought fried shallots, roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds
Lime wedges, for serving
- Place chicken thighs into a large bowl and combine with bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, making sure to cover all sides. Marinate for about ½ hour at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic and use a fork to whisk in the toasted sesame oil. Taste and adjust flavors as needed; dressing should taste zingy and highly-flavored. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse, then toss with some toasted sesame oil in a bowl to prevent sticking. Continue to toss occasionally to keep the noodle strands from clumping together.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium heat, swirling pan to coat the entire surface. Heat oil until slightly smoking.
- Use tongs to remove chicken thighs from marinade and cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Turn and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Cook chicken in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding and steaming. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and let rest for about 5 minutes. Move to a cutting board and slice chicken into strips.
- Pour dressing over rice noodles and toss to combine. Divide noodles and chicken between bowls, and top with vegetables, herbs, and crunchy toppings. Serve immediately with lime wedges and more bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce on the side.