Multigrain Medley Fajita Bowls
2 large chicken breast
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Pico de Gallo:
1 medium sized heirloom tomato
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 jalapeño, finely diced
1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra for serving
2 cloves of garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
kosher salt, to taste
freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1 package bibigo™ Brown & Wild Rice Medley
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper, taste
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 avocado, sliced
cotija cheese, for serving
- Marinade the chicken. Place the raw chicken plus all marinade ingredients into a large plastic bag and put into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cook the chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken into pan and sauté on both sides until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from heat and set aside. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Make the pico de gallo. In a large bowl, combine all pico de gallo ingredients and mix to incorporate. Set aside.
- Cook bibigo™ Brown & Wild Rice Medley according to package instructions. While that cooks, make the fajita vegetables. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add in sliced bell pepper and onion. Add in salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until veggies are softened and lightly charred, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat up the black beans in a small pot over medium heat. Assemble the bowls! Place rice on the bottom then top with the chicken breast, cut into slices. Next add on black beans, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, and sliced avocado. Sprinkle extra cilantro and cotija cheese over the top, garnish with a lime wedge (optional). Enjoy!