Oven Roasted Pork Ribs with Go-Chu-Jang BBQ Sauce
3 cups bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ
3/4 cup ketchup
1 stick unsalted butter (6 tablespoons)
½ cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
2 racks baby back ribs, about 4 pounds
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
For the BBQ sauce:
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer in a small pot over low heat. Cook for 30 minutes and let cool in the pot.
For the ribs:
- Combine the salt, sugar, smoked paprika, garlic and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Place ribs on a baking sheet. Sprinkle rub all over the ribs and rub it into the meat for about 5 minutes. Cover each rack individually with foil and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Remove ribs from refrigerator. Place them on a baking sheet and slowly cook them in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Take the ribs out of the oven and remove the foil. Return the ribs to the baking sheet. Brush the ribs with the BBQ sauce. Loosely cover pan with foil and bake 1 hour 30 minutes. Make sure to take out the ribs and brush with more BBQ sauce every 20 minutes.
- After an hour and 30 minutes, remove ribs from the oven. The meat should be falling off the bone. If not, return to oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Cut the ribs on a cutting board and serve immediately with more BBQ sauce on the side. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.