Samgyupsal (Pork Belly) Rice Bowl
1 lb pork belly, thick strips
1 garlic clove, sliced
½ Tbsp ginger, julienned
1 Korean red pepper, sliced
2 Tbsp scallion, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp bibigo™ GOTCHU Hot Sauce
3 cups of cooked short grain rice
2 Tbsp Korean soy sauce
1 Tbsp water
1 ½ Tbsp mirin
2 tsp sugar
½ Tbsp sesame oil
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Heat pan and cook pork belly strips until golden brown on one side, add salt & pepper while clearing floating oil with a paper towel.
- Flip meat then add ginger and garlic and cook until meat is fully done. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Lower heat and add sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve cooked pork belly on bed of hot rice. Sprinkle with scallion, red pepper, sesame seeds and bibigo™ GOTCHU Hot Sauce.