Seared Rib-Eye Steak with Korean BBQ Hot & Spicy Butter Sauce
Hot & Spicy Butter Sauce:
5 tablespoons butter
8 tablespoons bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Hot & Spicy
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
For the Steak:
Two 8-ounce rib-eye steaks
Plenty of salt and pepper
1 lemon cut in half
For the Hot & Spicy Butter Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. When the butter is almost all melted, add the other ingredients and whisk together to make a smooth sauce. Keep warm.
For the Steaks:
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Add your steaks to the hot skillet and cook on one side for 4 minutes or until nicely seared on one side. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2 minutes or until the outside is seared but the inside is rare*. Cook longer for desired degree of doneness. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Turn the heat off and transfer the steaks to a cutting board. Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Wipe out the pan that the steaks were cooking in. Return the steaks to the pan and add the Hot & Spicy butter sauce. Spoon the sauce all over the steaks.
- Place each steak on a plate and serve with a lemon cut in half.
- Optional: Serve with French fries or steamed broccoli on the side
*consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of food borne illness.