Spicy BBQ Chickpea Quinoa Bowls with Sesame Roasted Broccoli
1 tbsp bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Salt & pepper to taste
Sesame Roasted Broccoli
2 medium heads broccoli, chopped into florets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1¾ cup water
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1-2 cup shredded red cabbage
1-2 carrots, shaved into ribbons
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
Cilantro, coarsely chopped
Scallions, thinly sliced
Toasted sesame seeds
Extra bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ, optional
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chickpeas and toss to coat. Arrange in an even layer on half of the baking sheet.
- Place the broccoli on the other half and toss with the olive oil, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden and crispy, and the broccoli is golden on the edges.
- In the meantime, bring 1¾ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, stir, and cover. Reduce heat to medium/low and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- To assemble, portion quinoa into bowls and top with a scoop of the chickpeas and broccoli. Add a handful of shredded red cabbage, a few carrot ribbons, avocado slices, cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds, and a lime wedge. Serve with extra bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ, if desired.