Spicy Bulgogi Grilled Pizza
¾ cup warm water
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 cup all purpose flour
1½ tsp salt
1½ tbsp olive oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
¾ lb lean ground beef
2 tbsp + ¼ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Hot & Spicy
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
3 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 oz grated mozzarella cheese
4 oz grated pepper jack cheese
1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, for topping
Crushed red pepper flakes, for topping (optional)
- To make the pizza dough, add warm water, yeast, and sugar to a large bowl. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes until bubbles form at the top.
- Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Work it together using your hands onto a clean, dry countertop dusted with flour to prevent sticking. Knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Form dough into a ball and place back in an oiled bowl and cover with a dish towel. Let rise for 1½-2 hours, until dough has doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, make the bulgogi beef. Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, breaking it up with a spatula into small pieces. Discard any excess rendered fat. Add 2 tbsp of the bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Hot & Spicy, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, stirring to combine. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through. Set aside. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Once dough is finished rising, preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Lightly flour your countertop. Turn the dough out onto the countertop, and roll the dough out into a large circle, about ¼-inch thick or less.
- Carefully, lightly oil your grill pan or grill grates. Once hot, place dough on the grill, and cook for 2-3 minutes, covered, or until grill marks appear and the surface of the dough begins to bubble. Carefully remove the dough from the grill with tongs and transfer to a baking sheet, grilled side up.
- Spread the grilled side with ¼ cup of the bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Hot & Spicy, then top with half of the mozzarella and half of the pepper jack cheese. Top with the bulgogi beef. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheeses.
- Carefully transfer pizza back to the grill pan or grill, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and edges are golden. Close the lid if you’re using an outdoor grill, or tent with aluminum foil if you’re using an indoor grill pan. If you’re using an indoor grill pan, and the cheese still needs to be more melted, place the pizza on a baking sheet and put it under the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Transfer pizza back onto the baking sheet and let rest for a few minutes. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Slice and serve.