Spicy Go-Chu-Jang BBQ Shrimp Salad
¼ cup bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ
½ cup sour cream or mayonnaise
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ tsp onion powder
1 lb raw or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ
2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
4 eggs, soft boiled
2 large carrots*, ribboned
1 head romaine lettuce*, chopped
1 small cucumber*, thinly sliced
1 cup shelled edamame*, thawed if frozen
½ cup red onion*, thinly sliced
* Can be substituted and topped with any fresh or frozen vegetables
For the Shrimp:
- In a bowl, coat the shrimp with bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Sauce Spicy BBQ. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Evenly space the shrimp in the pan, letting excess marinade drip off before adding. Cook shrimp on each side for approximately 2 minutes until translucent and pink. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
For the Dressing
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside until ready to toss with salad.
For the Salad:
- Bringing a large saucepan of water to a boil and add the eggs into the boiling water. Cook for 6½ minutes on a gentle boil. Remove and place in an ice bath for 2 minutes. Remove from the ice bath and set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel off the exterior of the carrots. Then, using the peeler, peel long “ribbons” of carrots for the salad.
- Toss the chopped romaine lettuce with salad dressing and add edamame, cucumber, carrot ribbons, and red onion. Divide salad into bowls and top each bowl with shrimp and a soft boiled egg.