Spring Asparagus Risotto
1 shallot or onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 pack bibigo™ Cooked Sticky White Rice
½ cup white wine (optional)
2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
6 asparagus, scallions, or fennels, ends trimmed
⅓ cup cream cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add chopped shallot and cook about 2 minutes. Add bibigo™ Cooked Sticky White Rice and stir to combine.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until dissolved.
- Pour in ½ cup of broth, bring to a boil and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in the rest of the broth and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese and season with salt. Stir to combine and cook for another 2 minutes.
- While the risotto is cooking, heat a skillet pan over medium-high and add olive oil. When the pan is hot, add asparagus and sear for 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide the risotto into 2 serving plates. Top with seared asparagus. Garnish with some olive oil and herbs (optional).