Spring Veggie Fried Rice with Quick-Pickled Radish
3 oz radish, thinly sliced
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp sugar
¼ tsp sea salt
1 pack Bibigo Cooked Sticky White Rice
½ cup carrot*, julienned
½ cup asparagus*, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup sugar snap peas*, cut into thirds
½ cup romanesco*, cut into small, bite-size florets
½ cup purple cabbage*, thinly sliced
¼ cup scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1½ tbsp neutral flavored oil
½ tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp sesame oil
1½ tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 heaping tsp oyster sauce
Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
* Can be substituted with any stir-fry friendly vegetables
For the Quick-Picked Radish:
- Add hot water, salt, and sugar in a small bowl and mix to dissolve. Mix in the rice vinegar and sliced radish. Toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally for at least 15 minutes.
For the Fried Rice:
- Open Bibigo Cooked Sticky White Rice according to package directions and microwave for 45 seconds. Using chopsticks, gently break up the clumped rice into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add scallions and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining veggies and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Toss to coat evenly and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Push the fried rice to one side of the skillet. Melt the butter to the other side; add the beaten egg and scramble. Combine with the fried rice.
- Add sesame oil, season with salt if needed, and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with pickled radish.