Sticky Rice Salad with Chicken, Spring Peas, and Charred Asparagus
2 pack bibigo™ Cooked Sticky White Rice
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed and rinsed
1 small bunch early-spring thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, woody ends removed
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar, plus more for serving
2-3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, optional
Fresh tender herbs, such as scallions, cilantro, mint, basil
Crunchy toppings, such as store-bought fried shallots, toasted sesame seeds
- Heat both packs of bibigo™ Cooked Sticky White Rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large heatproof salad bowl. Use a wooden spoon to break up large clumps and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Optional: add a squeeze or two of bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce for a spicy dressing. Set dressing aside.
- Drizzle some oil over the asparagus pieces and toss to coat evenly. Add to a hot, dry cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Cook undisturbed in a single layer for about 2-3 minutes until bright green and golden, slightly charred, and blistered. Toss and cook for another 30 seconds - 1 minute. Cook in batches if needed, to avoid steaming. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- When the sticky rice has cooled but still slightly warm, pour in the dressing and toss to combine thoroughly. Add in the peas, blistered asparagus, and chicken. Toss again to mix well with the rice and dressing. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Divide rice salad between bowls and top with herbs and crunchy toppings. Serve immediately.