Sweet & Spicy Crunchy Chicken with Gochugaru Potato Wedges
4 small russet potatoes, washed and dried
2 teaspoons potato starch
1 teaspoon gochugaru
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons garlic granules
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 box bibigo™ Korean Style Crunchy Chicken Sweet & Spicy
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut a potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again. Then cut each segment lengthwise again into 2–3 wedges depending on desired size. Repeat with remaining potatoes, trying to make all wedges roughly the same size and thickness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together potato starch, gochugaru, paprika, ground ginger, garlic granules, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine potato wedges and olive oil and toss until potato wedges are evenly coated. Sprinkle seasoning mixture onto the fries, tossing or mixing occasionally for even distribution.
- Line a large tray with foil or parchment paper. Add potato wedges, with one of the cut sides down, in a single layer on the tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, line another large tray with foil. Place bibigo™ Crunchy Chicken on this tray in a single layer. Warm up the sauce pouch by placing it in a bowl of hot water.
- After potato wedges have been baking for 15 minutes, add the chicken to the oven, flip the potatoes, and return them back to the oven. Bake both the chicken and the potatoes for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake everything for an additional 10 minutes or until everything is crispy on the outside.
- Let chicken stand for 1 minute before tossing with the sauce to coat.