BBQ Lime Shrimp and Mini Wonton Skewers
Shrimp & Marinade
½ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
Zest of ½ a lime
Juice of 1 lime
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
20 bibigo™ Chicken & Cilantro Mini Wontons
Avocado oil or high heat cooking oil
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Additional lime zest, for garnish
Extra bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original, garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper until combined. Add the shrimp, stir to coat, and let marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Place bibigo™ Chicken & Cilantro Mini Wontons on a microwave-safe dish lined with a wet paper towel. Cover with another wet paper towel and heat on high for 1-2 minutes. Let the mini wontons rest until they’re cool enough to handle. Lightly brush the wontons with avocado oil on all sides.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Skewer the mini wontons and shrimp onto the pre-soaked wooden skewers, in an alternating pattern. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and shrimp are cooked through. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- To serve, garnish with cilantro leaves, scallions, and lime zest. Serve with extra sauce for dipping, if desired.