BBQ Lime Shrimp and Mini Wonton Skewers
Shrimp & Marinade
½ cup bibigo BBQ Sauce Original
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
Zest of ½ a lime
Juice of 1 lime
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
20 Bibigo Chicken & Cilantro Mini Wontons
Avocado oil or high heat cooking oil
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Additional lime zest, for garnish
Extra bibigo BBQ Sauce Original, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bibigo BBQ Sauce Original, garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper until combined. Add the shrimp, stir to coat, and let marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Place Bibigo Chicken & Cilantro Mini Wontons on a microwave-safe dish lined with a wet paper towel. Cover with another wet paper towel and heat on high for 1-2 minutes. Let the mini wontons rest until they’re cool enough to handle. Lightly brush the wontons with avocado oil on all sides.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Skewer the mini wontons and shrimp onto the pre-soaked wooden skewers, in an alternating pattern. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and shrimp are cooked through. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- To serve, garnish with cilantro leaves, scallions, and lime zest. Serve with extra sauce for dipping, if desired.