Bibigo Sirloin Japchae
3 tbsp soy sauce
2½ tbsp sugar
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp minced garlic
8 oz sweet potato glass noodles
6 oz top sirloin, cut into 2-inch long strips
1 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
6 oz fresh spinach
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, julienned
6 mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- Place sirloin beef strips into medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original (add more for taste) and gently mix sauce into meat. Cover bowl and set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 10-30 seconds until just wilted. Drain quickly and rinse in cold water. Squeeze the spinach to remove excess water and place in a separate medium bowl. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions, about 6-7 minutes. Rinse noodles under cold water and drain. Mix in 2 tbsp of prepared sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir-fry the noodles over medium heat until translucent for 2 minutes. Transfer back to mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to pan and stir-fry the onion for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat until translucent. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add another tsp of oil and stir fry the carrots and pepper for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to mixing bowl. Do not overcook. Vegetables should be crisp.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and stir fry the marinated sirloin beef strips and mushrooms together for 2-3 minutes until browned. Transfer to mixing bowl. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Add the spinach and the remaining sauce to mixing bowl.
- Toss well by hand to coat evenly and serve.