Bulgogi Rice Balls
4-5 oz ground beef
1-2 oz sirloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
4 tbsp bibigo™ Original BBQ Sauce, divided
1 cup uncooked rice, washed and drained
1½ cup water
¼ cup Korean crushed seasoned seaweed snack
½ tsp salt
3 perilla leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
½ tsp soy sauce
Scallions, sliced thinly
Pickled daikon, sliced thinly
Sesame seeds, toasted
- Soak rice in some water for 5 minutes, then drain. Combine rice and 1½ cups water in rice cooker and set to cook.
- Combine steak with 2 tbsp bibigo™ Original BBQ Sauce and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ground beef and the remaining sauce, making sure to break down any clumps of beef. Pour mixture into a small pan on medium heat and simmer until cooked, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add enough cooking oil to coat the pan, turn up to medium high heat, and sear the pieces of steak in a single layer for about 30 seconds on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- When rice is cooked and slightly cooled, divide into two portions. For one of the portions, combine rice, cooked ground beef, seaweed, perilla leaves, and salt into a bowl and gently mix to combine. For the other portion, combine rice with soy sauce.
- Pour some sesame oil into a small bowl. Dip clean hands into the oil and lightly coat with sesame oil to prevent sticking. Use hands to form the ground beef and rice mixture into small balls, about 1 to 1¼-inches in diameter. Repeat the process with the soy sauce rice, continuing to dip hands in sesame oil as needed to prevent rice from sticking.
- Plate rice balls. Top soy sauce rice balls with pieces of steak. Then garnish all the rice balls as desired.