Bulgogi Steak Tacos with Carrot Top Chimichurri and Spicy Pickled Root Veggies
1 lb sirloin steak
¼-½ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
1 tbsp butter
10 corn tortillas
Pickled Root Veggies
4 small carrots
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2-3 tsp gochugaru
⅜ cup rice vinegar
½ cup water, boiling
¼ cup water, warm
1 tsp sesame oil
Carrot Top Chimichurri
1 cup carrot leaves, washed and dried
¼ cup radish leaves, washed and dried
1 tsp dried oregano, finely crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp gochugaru
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
Finely ground black pepper to taste
- Divide steak into long chunks, about 2 to 2½ inches wide. Place in a wide dish and add enough bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original to cover the steak. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Thinly slice the carrots and radishes. Combine carrots and boiling water in a bowl and let stand for 1 minute to allow carrots to soften. Drain. Add warm water, salt, and sugar and stir until salt and sugar have dissolved. Add radish slices, gochugaru, and rice vinegar. Stir to combine and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop root vegetable leaves until very fine. Transfer to a bowl and mix in dried oregano, garlic, gochugaru, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in vinegar and olive oil. Set aside and stir thoroughly again before serving.
- Drain marinated steak and use a paper towel to pat dry. Heat a cast iron skillet on high. Add butter and swirl to coat skillet. Add steak in a single layer. Allow steak to cook undisturbed on one side and then flip and cook to desired doneness on the other side (2½ to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare). Transfer to a grooved cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- While steak is resting, drain liquid from pickles and add sesame oil. Toss to combine.
- Heat corn tortillas in a dry skillet or over a gas burner until edges are lightly charred. Transfer to a tortilla warmer or basket with a damp cloth.
- Slice rested steak against the grain into thin slices. To assemble tacos, place about 5 pieces of steak on each tortilla, add a small spoon of pickles, and drizzle chimichurri on top.