½ lb sirloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
4 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
1 lb Korean rice cakes, or tteok
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 carrot, sliced
¼ onion, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
2–3 oz beech mushrooms, ends trimmed
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the steak and bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original in a bowl and place in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- If rice cakes are frozen, soak in cold water for 10 minutes to thaw. Skip this step if rice cakes are fresh.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add rice cakes. Boil, stirring occasionally until rice cakes begin to float to the surface of the water, about 2-3 minutes. Cook for an additional minute after they float, then drain. Combine rice cakes with soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok. Drain most of the excess marinade from beef. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan, then add beef. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, then add carrot, onion, and bell pepper in that order, giving a quick stir in between each. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add mushrooms and rice cakes. Stir fry for an additional 4 minutes, or until parts of the rice cakes are lightly browned and everything is cooked through. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.