Korean BBQ Green Beans With Spicy Candied Almonds
Korean BBQ Green Beans
1 tbsp neutral oil
1 lb fresh green beans
¼ cup shallot, thinly sliced
¼ tsp kosher salt
½ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce & Marinade Original
1 cup sliced almonds
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tbsp bibigo™ Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce
For the Candied Almonds:
- Prepare a piece of parchment paper on the counter or baking sheet to cool almonds.
- In a small skillet, stir together candied almond ingredients until almonds are coated. Heat over medium-low heat, for 2-4 minutes while continuously stirring to ensure the sugar doesn’t burn. Once sugar has caramelized and almonds are toasted, transfer to the sheet of parchment paper in an even layer to cool.
For the Green Beans:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the green beans and toss to coat. Sauté the beans for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are slightly blistered.
- Add in shallot, kosher salt, and bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original. Toss to coat completely and cook for 6-8 minutes, until green beans are tender and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with candied almonds.