Korean BBQ Marinade-Glazed Nut & Pretzel Mix
3 cup raw, unsalted, mixed whole nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecan halves)
2 cups small plain pretzel twists
¼ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
½-¾ tsp garlic powder
2 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp kosher salt
2 tsp gochugaru flakes
Roasted seaweed snack
Flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and set a rack in the middle position. Line a 13 x 18 x 1 inch baking sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the mixed nuts on it in a single layer.
- Toast the raw nuts until slightly crunchy, about 8-10 minutes. Carefully bite into an almond; if the inside is a light toasted color, it’s ready. Check midway through, give the nuts a stir and rotate the tray for even toasting.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original, melted butter, garlic powder, brown sugar, kosher salt, and gochugaru. Set aside.
- When the nuts are lightly toasted, tip them into a large bowl. Stir in the pretzels to combine and pour the marinade mixture all over. Use a rubber spatula (or carefully use your hands) to mix and coat the nuts and pretzels evenly.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325ºF. Return the glazed nuts and pretzels back to the parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Spread out in a single layer and bake for about 12-15 minutes until everything is a deep golden brown. Rotate the pan and stir every 5 minutes or so, making sure to keep the mixture in a single layer.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and let cool completely. Break apart any large clumps or big pieces of pretzels and nuts.
- The glazed nut and pretzel mix can be made 5 days ahead of time. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Sprinkle on sea salt (optional) and crumble on the roasted seaweed right before serving.