Korean-Style Steak and Eggs
1 lb sirloin, sirloin tip, or skirt steak, cut across the grain into ½ inch slices
½ cup Bibigo BBQ Sauce Original
2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1-2 scallions, sliced
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, more for serving
Toasted sesame seeds
Bibigo Go-Chu-Jang Hot & Sweet Sauce, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss together steak slices with the Bibigo BBQ Sauce Original. Let marinate for at least ½ hour at room temperature.
- In the meantime, cook rice in a rice cooker. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, toss the sliced scallion with the rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to a skillet and fry eggs over-easy style on medium heat until egg whites are set and opaque, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer eggs to a plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining tbsp vegetable oil to the pan, swirling pan to coat the entire surface. Heat oil until it’s slightly smoking. Remove steak slices from marinade and cook, undisturbed, until lightly golden brown on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. Flip steak and cook the other side for about 30 seconds - 1 minute. Cook steak in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding and steaming. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Plate the steamed rice and steak. Top with a fried egg and sprinkle with marinated scallions. To serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle the steak with some toasted sesame oil.