Mandu Stir-Fry with Scallion Oil
6-7 scallions, finely chopped
½ cup neutral cooking oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
4 clove garlic, minced
⅔ cup soy sauce
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp scallion oil
1 tbsp corn starch
14-16 bibigo™ Beef & Vegetable Mandu
1 small yellow onion, sliced
8-10 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch baby bok choy, chopped
Rice, for serving
Additional scallion oil, for garnish
For the Scallion Oil:
- Dry off the scallions well to prevent any splattering from the oil. Place the finely chopped scallions in a heat-safe bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer, once the oil starts to smoke slightly, slowly pour the oil into the bowl of scallions. Stir as needed to ensure all scallions are submerged. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
For the Mandu Stir-Fry:
- To make the stir-fry sauce, whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and 3 tbsp scallion oil until combined. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of scallion oil, without any scallions, to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bibigo™ Beef & Vegetable Mandu and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and onion. Continue to stir occasionally, flipping the Mandu as needed, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce, reserving approximately 2 tbsp of it. Bring the sauce in the skillet to a simmer. Stir the corn starch into the remaining sauce to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the skillet, and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, letting the sauce thicken.
- Add the bok choy to the skillet, stirring to combine, and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and serve with rice and additional scallion oil as desired.