Marinated Salmon with Bulgogi Sauce and Creamed Corn
4 salmon fillets with skin on – about 5 ounces each
Vegetable oil for frying
2 cups bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
½ cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Doenjang Creamed Corn:
5 ears fresh corn
3 tablespoon of butter
¼ cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons doenjang
¼ cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 scallion chopped fine
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For the Doenjang Creamed Corn:
- Slice the corn kernels from the cobs into a large, shallow bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the corn and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Doenjang and cream. Stir well to combine. Simmer, uncovered, and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Salmon:
- In a bowl, combine the bibigo™ Original BBQ Sauce. Ginger, sesame oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Place the salmon in a glass casserole container. Reserve about ¼ cup of the marinade for later. Pour the rest of the marinade all over the salmon and make sure to turn the salmon into the marinade so all of it is covered. Cover with plastic wrap and let salmon marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Heat a large pan with vegetable oil and place over high heat. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel. Place skin side down in the hot pan until seared and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook on the flesh side for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and transfer to a baking sheet with flesh side up. Spoon a little more of the marinade on top of the salmon and bake for 7 - 10 minutes until fully cooked. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.