1 cup warm water
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dry yeast
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cup all purpose flour
3oz dry sweet potato starch noodles
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped mushroom
½ cup shredded carrots
3 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce & Marinade Original
1 cup beef
1 tbsp sesame oil
Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Combine the warm water, sugar, and dry yeast in a large bowl and stir well until the yeast is dissolved. Add flour, vegetable oil, and salt and knead into a dough for 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Cover with a wet towel and let the dough double in size.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the sweet potato starch noodles for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Chop the noodles into small pieces with scissors. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a thin layer of oil and sauté the beef for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, mushroom, carrots, cooked noodles, and bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original. Sauté for another 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked. Set the filling aside.
- Punch down the risen dough using your hands, then cover it with a towel and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface. Cut the dough into 12 even pieces.
- Flatten the pieces of dough into discs and add 1-2 tbsp of filling into the center of the dough. Seal the dough by gathering the corners. Follow the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a thin layer of oil. Place the stuffed dough (if more than one, allow enough room to expand between the dough when pressed down) and cook for until lightly golden brown, then flip. Using a flat spatula, press hotteok into a flat disc and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.