Skewered Rice Cake with Beef & Scallions
½ lb lean beef
3 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
8 pieces Korean rice cake
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for pan frying
8 4-in wooden skewers
- Cut the beef into ¼-inch thick and 3½-inch long strips. Combine with 2 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add rice cakes. Boil, stirring occasionally until rice cakes are softened. Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Mix with 1 tbsp of bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original. Set aside.
- Cut the scallions into 3-inch sections. Spray with vegetable oil and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Thread each skewer with rice cake, meat, and scallion.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add vegetable oil. Place skewers in the skillet and cook about 2 minutes on each side until the meat is cooked through and slightly caramelized. Plate skewers and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.