Stuffed Perilla & Pepper Jeon
8 perilla leaves
4 green peppers
¼ cup green onion, sliced
⅓ cup mushroom, diced
¼ cup carrot, diced
⅓ cup diced celery
1 tbsp ginger, minced
½ lb ground pork
3 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp ground pepper
3 large eggs
¼ cup flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
¼ tsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp chopped green onion
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse the perilla leaves and cut each green pepper in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Combine green onion, mushroom, carrot, celery, ginger, ground pork, bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original, sesame oil, ground pepper, and 1 egg in a bowl. Mix by hand until well incorporated.
- Pour some flour on a flat plate and press both sides of each perilla leaf into the flour to coat.
- Place a perilla leaf on your hand. Spread 1 tbsp of the beef mixture on half of the perilla leaf. Fold the other half of the leaf over and lightly flatten with your hand.
- To make the egg batter, whisk together ¼ cup flour, 2 eggs, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to the pan.
- Dip each stuffed leaf fully into the egg batter and carefully place it in the heated skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
- To make the green pepper jeon, coat the halved peppers with flour and stuff with beef mixture. Dip in egg batter and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the meat is fully cooked. Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- To make dipping sauce, combine soy sauce, white vinegar, hot pepper flakes, chopped green onion, and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Plate the stuffed perilla and pepper jeon and serve with dipping sauce.