Sweet & Savory Marinated Eggs
¾ cup bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
½ cup water
1 tbsp mirin
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 red Fresno chili or 5 Thai chili peppers, sliced (optional)
Sesame oil, for serving (optional)
- Stir together bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original, water, scallions, sesame seeds, and chili in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a vigorous boil. Meanwhile, use a safety pin or the tip of a very fine knife blade to carefully poke a small hole at the bottom (wider end) of each egg.
- When the water reaches a boil, gently lower eggs and boil for 6 minutes for runny yolks or 10 minutes for cooked yolks.
- Immediately transfer eggs into an ice bath. When eggs are completely cold, peel carefully.
- Place a zip-top bag inside a bowl. Place eggs into the bag and pour marinade on top. Close bag, making sure to squeeze out as much air as possible. Place bag and bowl in the refrigerator. If possible, occasionally rotate the bag or gently shift the eggs around to ensure that all surfaces have time to come in contact with the marinade. Allow to marinate overnight or for up to 3 days.
- To serve, spoon egg and some marinade over rice. Drizzle with a bit of sesame oil.