Marinated Cauliflower Stir-Fry with Quick-Pickled Carrot Ribbons
6-7 medium cauliflower florets, stems included
3 tbsp bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original
1 tbsp coconut oil (or peanut/vegetable oil)
½ cup water
4 tsp sugar
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup hot water
Base & Garnish
1 cup cooked rice
Scallions, finely sliced
For the Pickled Carrots:
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove rough outer skin of carrot and discard. Continue using the vegetable peeler to shave thin “ribbons” of carrot. Rotate as necessary until reaching the core of carrot.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and sugar; mix until sugar is dissolved. Mix in rice vinegar and a pinch of salt. Add carrot ribbons, tossing occasionally to coat carrot evenly.
For the Cauliflower:
- Chop cauliflower florets into small pieces, about ¼ inch to ½ inch in size.
- Heat a wok (or non-stick skillet) on high. Swirl in oil and add chopped cauliflower. Stir-fry constantly for 2 minutes until edges are slightly char. Add bibigo™ BBQ Sauce Original and stir thoroughly to combine. Lower heat to medium and add water; continue stirring until water is evaporated and cauliflower is slightly tender.
- Scoop cauliflower over cooked rice and top with pickled carrot ribbons. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds to garnish.